Ask Regina

reginaQ. My insured is required by his lease to provide loss of rents for the benefit of his landlord. How does he do this on his commercial property policy?

A. Your insured can meet this requirement by adding endorsement CP 15 03 Business Income-Landlord as Additional Insured (Rental Value). This provides rental value coverage for the landlord on a policy written for the tenant. If the insured has a business owners policy, use BP 05 93 Loss of Rental Value – Landlord as Designated Payee.

This entry was posted in Ask Regina, Coverage Questions, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Gravatar Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s