That’s the question that will be discussed during a panel session at the upcoming Small Agency Conference, Sept. 18-19 in San Marcos.
Texas insurance regulations allow very wide latitude in charging fees as long as the agent meets comprehensive client disclosure and approval requirements. The panel will be composed of agents that have taken a strategic approach to agency fees and an attorney familiar with regulations. Among the questions that will be answered:
- What types of fees can be charged?
- How do you determine when to charge and how much to charge?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- How do you turn fees into a positive value proposition for the customer?
- What are best practices for meeting the disclosure requirements?
Fees can be an effective strategy for dealing with the vagaries of the market and managing service demand. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from your peers who have implemented a fee strategy.