Technical expertise is essential in the insurance business, both as a competitive differentiator and for agency E&O loss control. Likewise, customer service skills are just as essential.
The insurance business is a highly-intangible service and sometimes the only way customers perceive quality is through their interactions with staff. Achieving competitive differentiation through consistent service quality produces higher retention rates, more business from current customers and increased referrals.
According to experts who research the topic, there are five general service attributes that influence customers’ assessments of service quality:
- Reliability: The ability to perform the promised service dependably and accurately.
- Responsiveness: The willingness to help customers and to provide prompt service.
- Assurance: The knowledge and courtesy of employees and their ability to convey trust and confidence.
- Empathy: The application of caring and individualized attention to customers.
- Tangibles: The appearance of physical facilities, equipment, personnel, and communications materials.
All but the last of these are customer service soft-skills.
IIAT’s online, on-demand collaboration with New Level Partners includes three great customer service soft skills training bundles.
These courses can be taken individually, or agency teams can take them together and conduct discussions on how to apply the key topics and concepts to real agency situations.
CLIENT MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
This training package features five courses that introduce communication styles and guidance on how to create a positive impression. It also includes courses on agency errors & omissions best practices. Cost $80
BUSINESS COMMUNICATION FUNDAMENTALS
A five-course foundation series that includes essential elements of business writing, verbal communication and time management. Cost $80
ADVANCE NEGOTIATION AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This training package features four courses on elevating negotiation skills, building credibility with clients, delivering powerful messaging on professional relationships and developing and strengthening an elevator pitch. Cost $80