Starts March 21 | Apply by March 5
In its 9th year, the Leadership Academy is a comprehensive insurance leadership training program developed by IIAT in collaboration with the University of Dallas Graduate School of Management. Since its inception, the program has provided 81 insurance professionals with what one participant referred to as, “the single most important continuing education that I have done for our agency and myself.”
Set to begin March 21, the “mini-MBA” program consists of three, 2-1/2 day sessions over
three consecutive months taught by award-winning professors who are also leading practitioners in their respective fields. Upon completion, participants will earn 30 hours of CE and a certificate from the University Of Dallas College Of Business.
The Leadership Academy is especially suited to the following industry professionals:
- Current industry leaders wanting to refresh or update their strategic management skills.
- Aspiring industry leaders who wish to acquire those skills.
- Agency producers who want to be able to demonstrate high-level business acumen when consulting with the decision makers of their top commercial clients and prospects.
- The academy is also open to associate members.
The Leadership Academy Focuses on these Seven Key Leadership Topics
- The Leadership Imperative: Participants will understand the key distinction between contributors, managers and leaders as well as the leadership role they play and how they develop their own leadership style.
- Strategy: Participants will be introduced to a pragmatic strategic planning process and the key tools associated with the process including execution, progress tracking and success measurement.
- Negotiating and Influencing Skills: Participants will build and practice a five-step model for selling others on products, services or ideas.
- Performance Management: Participants will develop the interpersonal and team-building skills needed to effectively manage their own behavior and facilitate the collaborative behavior of others to accomplish agency objectives.
- Strategic Financial Management: Participants will be introduced to concepts needed to use accounting information to plan, control and make decisions.
- Marketing, Branding and Customer Service: Participants will learn how to develop brand image, loyalty and equity and will learn how to better manage the customer experience.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Participants will be introduced to the various phases of M&As, conducting effective due diligence, and executing successful integration.