Ask Regina

Q. One of our insureds continued to pay the salary of an injured employee while the employee was receiving loss-of-income benefits from the workers compensation carrier.  Can the insured/employer be reimbursed?

A. No, an employer is not entitled to and cannot seek reimbursement from the employee reginaor insurance carrier if, after a work-related injury or illness, they voluntarily:

  1. Continue to pay the injured employee’s salary continuation, or
  2. Pay the injured employee salary supplementation to supplement income benefits paid the insurance carrier.

See more information on Employer Rights and Responsibilities.

This entry was posted in Ask Regina and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s