Since 1993, IIABA’s Best Practices Study has examined top-performing agencies across the country. For these agencies, inclusion provides the prestigious status of “Best Practices Agency” and opens the doors to many benefits.
The purpose of the research is to compile the operating statistics of the country’s leading agents and brokers. This is provided to the industry to provide benchmarks, operational information on growth, profitability, productivity and financial stability.
- Once every three years the Big “I” requests agency nominations from state association and company partners. This is taking place now until January 2019.
- Nominated agencies are invited to participate in February 2019.
- Agencies that choose to participate submit detailed financial and operational information which is scored and ranked objectively. Responses to management and industry-related questions also requested with data. The invitations will go out to those nominated in February 2019. The nominated agencies must submit their data by Mid-April 2019.
- The top agencies in the six revenue categories are included, notified and deemed “Best Practices Agencies.” Participants will be selected and notified in June 2019.
- The Best Practices Agency names announced to the industry in September 2019.
- The Study results are released annually. For the 2019 cycle: 2019, 2020, 2021.
- To retain status, each agency must submit year-end results each year. There is no other commitment.